Local WSProxy in simple C

• aldie
  • aldie's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Sep 2020 22:54 - 19 Sep 2020 23:01 #1 by aldie
Local WSProxy in simple C was created by aldie
Hi people,

while I'm very grateful for all effort Plamzi put into this portal and running the proxy, but I still had issues using it
for two reasons:

1) There is an odd packet reordering (including wrong TCP seq numbers) / corruption issue for larger chunks of texts.
2) Data privacy issues within the European Union make it almost illegal to proxy passwords and other personal data through
sites not conforming to EU law standards (for example the United States). Admittedly mud data is not among the highest rank
of protected data, but...

Unfortunately I cannot run node.js in a compatible version at my current mud hoster.

But, I now found a good C file to start with, so I coded a local wsproxy in fairly plain C s.t. I can now run portal and proxy within EU
jurisdiction.

Node that this proxy is not meant to proxy data to several muds. Instead it only proxies to one, local (YOUR) mud. It has a feature to append the org. client IP to the terminal type negotiated, s.t. your mud may know and display proper client data in who etc. My mud is able to strip this from the terminal type and use it to determine the client IP.

In case the attachment is not accessible, you can also get it from ftp://mud.tap.de:2003In case you want to run mudportal locally on and for your mudsite alone - AND - you have issues running the websocket proxy under a compatible node.js version...

Then, you might want to check the local wsproxy in C (see other topic) maybe thats an approach for you to take...

See the post in the local wsproxy topic. In case that post is gone, you can find the localwsproxy on ftp://mud.tap.de:2003

I also don't read this forum regularly. If you have questions, reach out for freshman@aldebaran-mud.de .

Enjoy.
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Sep 2020 23:01 by aldie. Reason: added email for questions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.