Installation Issues

• Ashlan
  • Ashlan's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 Dec 2014 06:14 #1 by Ashlan
Installation Issues was created by Ashlan
I'm trying to get things going, have loaded the sql database and downloaded things... using web faction and node 10.31 (and also tried 10.24), I am getting this error:

[ashlan@web351 Havoc]$ /home/ashlan/webapps/node/bin/node ./havoc.js
havoc engine init
Sat Dec 13 06:08:36 loaded base language file: strings.eng
detected & loaded language files: strings.eng
Sat Dec 13 06:08:36 detected component files: act, char, db, item, quest, server, user, world
Sat Dec 13 06:08:36 havoc.loadComponent: act
Sat Dec 13 06:08:36 loaded component: act init, initPlugins, initChar, reloadPlugin, basic, _events, _registered
Sat Dec 13 06:08:36 havoc.loadComponent: char

/home/ashlan/Havoc/node_modules/jsdom/node_modules/contextify/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:83
throw e
^
Error: /home/ashlan/Havoc/node_modules/jsdom/node_modules/contextify/build/Release/contextify.node: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
at require (module.js:380:17)
at bindings (/home/ashlan/Havoc/node_modules/jsdom/node_modules/contextify/node_modules/bindings/bindings.js:76:44)
at Object.<anonymous> (/home/ashlan/Havoc/node_modules/jsdom/node_modules/contextify/lib/contextify.js:1:96)
at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)

Any ideas? The guys at my server web faction say that there could be a binary issue but since I installed their versions of node from their control panel, I'm not sure if that is really the problem. I also tried to load once before I installed the sql database.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ashlan
More
13 Dec 2014 06:42 - 13 Dec 2014 07:33 #2 by Ashlan
Replied by Ashlan on topic Installation Issues
Figured out how to check my node version:

node: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, not stripped

Any suggestions? :cheer:
Last edit: 13 Dec 2014 07:33 by Ashlan.

More
13 Dec 2014 15:49 #3 by plamzi
Replied by plamzi on topic Installation Issues
Try updating node to v0.10.5. There's an npm module called "n" that makes node updates easier.

If it doesn't work, you can also comment out the "jsdom" include statement for now. It is only used in one example mob script and so it's not essential.

• Ashlan
More
14 Dec 2014 04:35 #4 by Ashlan

plamzi wrote: Try updating node to v0.10.5. There's an npm module called "n" that makes node updates easier.

If it doesn't work, you can also comment out the "jsdom" include statement for now. It is only used in one example mob script and so it's not essential.

What file would I be commenting that out of? I'm having trouble locating it. Also, assuming it works, what's the effected mob so that I can remove it?

More
14 Dec 2014 05:00 #5 by plamzi
It's in char.js.

You should have a way to search recursively for something in multiple files. Assuming you're under Linux:
find . | xargs grep jsdom

There are two mobs using that script. You can see them in the database in Procs. You don't need to worry about removing them--their progs are just not going to work, but they won't crash you or anything.

• Ashlan
More
14 Dec 2014 05:11 #6 by Ashlan
Okay, thanks :)

It got further this time, but then it hit a new error:

fs.js:695
return binding.stat(pathModule._makeLong(path));
^
Error: ENOENT, no such file or directory './syslog'
at Object.fs.statSync (fs.js:695:18)
at new Tail (/home/ashlan/Havoc/node_modules/tail/tail.js:67:16)
at EventEmitter.havoc.init (/home/ashlan/Havoc/havoc.js:75:16)
at Object.<anonymous> (/home/ashlan/Havoc/havoc.js:266:8)
at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:497:10)
at startup (node.js:119:16)

More
14 Dec 2014 06:01 #7 by plamzi
That just means it's trying to read back the syslog and not finding the file. If you're not putting the stdout into a file called ./syslog, that's normal. You can do 'touch syslog' to create an empty one but I recommend actually redirecting your stdout there (see the included upstart script). This will make your in-game syslog event able to show you debug information.

More
19 Sep 2020 23:00 #8 by aldie
Replied by aldie on topic Installation Issues
In case you want to run mudportal locally on and for your mudsite alone - AND - you have issues running the websocket proxy under a compatible node.js version...

Then, you might want to check the local wsproxy in C (see other topic) maybe thats an approach for you to take...

See the post in the local wsproxy topic. In case that post is gone, you can find the localwsproxy on ftp://mud.tap.de:2003

I also don't read this forum regularly. If you have questions, reach out for freshman@aldebaran-mud.de .

Enjoy.