MXP tags displaying

• Splork
  • Splork's Avatar Topic Author
More
21 Oct 2014 22:16 - 21 Oct 2014 22:20 #1 by Splork
MXP tags displaying was created by Splork
I noticed upon logging in using mudportal that many of the MXP tags are showing up in our game. We have had MXP for nearly a decade and this hasn't happened with wintin.net, mushclient, mudlet, etc!

Should be able to replicate it by simply creating a newbie and logging in.

I am attaching a screenshot and example code of what is seen:
11024rm 0wz 3sv><!ENTITY Ac 6.0 PUBLISH><!ENTITY CurrentHP 1216 PUBLISH><!ENTITY CurrentMana 611 PUBLISH><!ENTITY CurrentMove 378 PUBLISH><!ENTITY MaxHP 1216 PUBLISH><!ENTITY MaxMana 611 PUBLISH><!ENTITY MaxMove 378 PUBLISH><!ENTITY Gold 0 PUBLISH><!ENTITY CurrentAlign 201 PUBLISH><!ENTITY Bank 881191668 PUBLISH><!ENTITY CurrentXP 3001670010 PUBLISH><!ENTITY NextLevelXp 2100000000 PUBLISH><!ENTITY RegenHP 33 PUBLISH><!ENTITY RegenMana 56 PUBLISH><!ENTITY RegenMove 33 PUBLISH>
<RName>Splork's Abode</RName>

I'm very excited that MSDP has been added here because we have well over a hundred variables being created via this protocol and would love to start making a gui. Good stuff...

slothmud.org port 6101
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Oct 2014 22:20 by Splork.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2014 14:01 #2 by plamzi
Replied by plamzi on topic MXP tags displaying
All fixed up. I guess some things that used to work got busted when I added MXP frames.

I also added an 'mxp_entity' event that will deliver any incoming entity tags to plugins.

For an example of MSDP in action, check out Aarchon MUD (featured on homepage). Vodur adapted the MistyBars plugin, and I think you will be able to look at his modified script in the online editor. It's under Code -> Official.

• Splork
  • Splork's Avatar Topic Author
More
22 Oct 2014 17:50 #3 by Splork
Replied by Splork on topic MXP tags displaying
Thanks for the fix and the addition!

I only messed with frames during the initial phases of our MXP install to see exactly what was possible and had a blast. If I remember right, I could force windows to pop up in people's clients but thats just a vague memory...

I will reach out to Aarchon and see what advice they have.

We also added a link for mudportal client on our homepage. Sorry it took so long!