Detecting Screen Height

• Kinaed
  • Kinaed's Avatar Topic Author
More
25 Jan 2015 14:31 #1 by Kinaed
Detecting Screen Height was created by Kinaed
Hi Plamzi,

Can we make the game window detect screen height and ensure the command line shows when players load a game?

I noticed when I followed the link from TI's website to MudPortal that the resulting screen was too large to find the command line, and we're directing total newbies to the web client, so I'm worried this may prevent play conversion.

An example is below. Thank you for considering this request!

Warm regards,
Kinaed

Implementor of The Inquisition: Legacy
ti-legacy.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2015 15:28 #2 by plamzi
Replied by plamzi on topic Detecting Screen Height
If you're not setting the window height in the link (which you aren't) this will be taken care of automatically (just tested that this is still working fine).

What you saw must have been due to your account's window size preferences being applied when you land on the app page. To see what a newbie will see, log out of the Mud Portal and then hit the link on ti-legacy.com.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kinaed

• Kinaed
  • Kinaed's Avatar Topic Author
More
25 Jan 2015 18:07 #3 by Kinaed
Replied by Kinaed on topic Detecting Screen Height
Thanks, you're right!

I've attached what it looks like when I'm not logged in - I'm curious, would it be worth detecting screen width?

To me, it looked a bit better when I pulled the window out completely across the screen.

Where are my account window-size preferences located so I can update that?

Warm regards,
Kinaed

Implementor of The Inquisition: Legacy
ti-legacy.com

More
25 Jan 2015 18:55 #4 by plamzi
Replied by plamzi on topic Detecting Screen Height
I could do the same with default width but I'm hoping that more and more people decide to customize their app and start placing modules off to the right. To me, games that force-wrap lines don't look very well in a full-width window--there's a lot of wasted space.

As a logged in user, your window positions and dimensions for each game are saved automatically whenever you move or resize a window. There's no need to update anything manually. Just position the windows the way you like them and the site will remember them.

More
07 Oct 2022 22:37 #5 by aldie
Replied by aldie on topic Detecting Screen Height
Well, now I'm not sure what sizes you are talking about and it seems you found a satisfying solution alreary.
However, you may also consider my last post in Portal App>Support>Terminal Emulation . It provides online
screen size settings using the telnet NAWS protokol to tell the mud, how large the screen really is.

Might be this is not related to what you really have in mind, and it is quite some effort, to use these files for your mud..
But.. maybe it helps.

Best regards,
Freshman.