Mudportal APP?

• Tijer
  • Tijer's Avatar Topic Author
More
02 Nov 2015 19:57 #1 by Tijer
Mudportal APP? was created by Tijer
Ever thought about making mudportal a stand alone app for ios and android? reason i ask is that there aren't any decent mobile clients that are regularly updated anymore... IOS is very lacking... only client i have found that works properly is mudrammer, but that doesnt support all of the protocols... For android there was blowtorch, that was a decent client, but again hasnt been updated for close to 5 years now... I personally think mudportal could be a really decent mudclient app for IOS and Android... Question is whether you had the time to create it.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2015 14:48 #2 by RahjIII
Replied by RahjIII on topic Mudportal APP?
Mudportal seems close enough to working in the android browser that with some more work in that direction, a native os app wouldn't be needed. I think there are some android/chrome/mobile styling issues that need tweaking, like 'ok to go fullscreen', and getting the controls sized up for a touch interface. Sometimes getting custom window code working with touch events can be tricky...

Plamzi makes the code available for anyone to work on. Tijer, know anything about styling html5 apps for mobile? B)

The Last Outpost
last-outpost.com:23

More
04 Nov 2015 03:31 #3 by plamzi
Replied by plamzi on topic Mudportal APP?
I'm open to making tweaks to the web app to be more tablet-friendly (though from prior experience I suspect there may be some devils in the details).

Beyond that, native mobile apps is a road I've been on and I don't currently have the bandwidth for something like that anymore.

As an aside, I'm not surprised even popular mobile mud clients fall into disrepair. It happened to my iOS MUD client as well. After the initial excitement and learning opportunity, there's just not enough interest to sustain something like that over the long run. A tidal wave after wave of OS updates eventually breaks something important.

• Tijer
  • Tijer's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 Nov 2015 04:34 #4 by Tijer
Replied by Tijer on topic Mudportal APP?
only little issue i was fining with my ipad air 2 running ios 9.1, i was unable to make client go full screen, the little box in the corner was there to do it... but wasnt active.. (that personally is the only thing wrong with it when running on a tablet) Apart from some ansi color issues, but thats always been that way.. :)

Tried it using Safari and Chrome...