Introduction to the Burning Post II (RPI)

• Riddle
  • Riddle's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 Sep 2015 14:38 #1 by Riddle
The world of the Burning Post II isn't a world created for those who want to feel their character is safe from any harm. It is not a world designed to go slashing through mobs or killing everyone else's player to prove how strong your own character is.

Burning Post II is a place of politics, of intrigue, of magic, as well as dark and dangerous events. Religion is important to the game, and the theme can be brutal. You either follow the proper religion or risk being burned alive to save your soul. If you are a mage and people find out, you will be burned alive. Being polite to nobles is also important, unless you want to deal with their righteous anger. And there is permadeath. In 99 percent of cases, there's no coming back.

Burning Post II takes place in two neighboring principalities. You can (and probably should) choose to be Lithmorran, the native population there, or one of several different other (all human) races. Be aware, though, that there are prejudices in this world as in life. However, in this medieval time period, the results can be more extreme. A Vavardi can and should expect to be punished or blamed much quicker for a crime than a Lithmorran, and in fact might find it hard to do business with others. Plots and how the world turns is basically up to the players, so how you are treated depends on how each individual makes their char.

A number of characters own their own shops/restaurants. We also have mercenaries, thieves, mages, reeves (city guards), knights, and the Orderites (priests and such)

I’ve been a part of BurP II for over two years now. My characters have gotten wrapped up in a number of plots that kept me awake late into the night or up extra early in the morning. I have felt my adrenaline rush when the immortals created some grand plot to rock the core of the land. I’ve likewise had my blood pumping as my char did quite well at making enemies or alliances on his own. The code is constantly being improved and the world changing through actions of players.

Come and give us a try. You can expect a friendly greeting with players happy to offer helpful advise on the visnet channel.
Host: burningpost2.co.uk Port: 4321

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.